Cyber Security Awareness Training
Why study Cyber Security Awareness course:
a) You will acquire an essential understanding of various computer and network security threats such as identity theft, credit card fraud, online banking phishing scams, virus and backdoors, emails hoaxes, sex offenders lurking online, loss of confidential information, hacking attacks and social engineering.
b) You will learn about safe browsing, anonymous browsing, password security, mobile device security, data backup, email security and more.
c) You will also learn the different ways hackers conduct social engineering (trick/play around your mind) on their victims, at work or home, through email, SMS text, phone calls, browsing, downloaded files, mobile phones, connected home devices, etc
d) How to securely configure your browser to block malicious scripts, cookies, trackers, etc. as well as maintain good privacy/anonymity on the Internet
On completion of this cybersecurity awareness course, the attendees will know how to;
- Build a cyber-resilient environment to combat cyber attacks.
- Determine which data is regulated and how to avoid accidental disclosure (basically data leaking).
- Align your I.T policies with the best practices.
- Ensure your staﬀ have the knowledge and skills to protect themselves and the institution against the ever-increasing cyber threats without exposing critical confidential information.
The training is conducted every Friday of the week; from 12 pm to 1 pm. Register now to book your place for the next training.
- Module I: Introduction to Security
- Module II: Securing Operating Systems
- Module III: Malware and Antivirus
- Module IV: Internet Security
- Module I: Security on Social Networking sites
- Module II: Securing Email communications
- Module III: Securing mobile devices
- Module IV: Securing the cloud
- Module I: Securing Network Connections
- Module II: Data Backup and Disaster Recovery
Course code: IFIS/SCL/CS002
Course duration: 10 hours
Training duration: 1 hour per module
Course fee: Ugx 150,000 per 1 hour
session per person
i. Basic knowledge of computers (You do not need prior knowledge or experience of Cyber Security to undertake this course)
ii. Interest in protecting yourself, your family, and your business while online.