Diploma in Information Security and Computer Forensics
IFIS is accredited by the National Council of Higher Education
What You Will Learn?
About this Programme
This is a two-year programme which equips students with knowledge and technical (practical) skills in computer forensics and information security (cyber security). The duration is broken down into four semesters.
This programme is about exploring the aspects of information security and computer forensics. It equips the students with knowledge and skills of securing information systems and finding fraudulent activities carried out using a computer. It empowers students with investigative skills and knowledge on how to find out crimes carried out using a computer.
Objectives of the programme
The objectives of this programme are to:
- Impart knowledge about information security and computer forensics.
- Equip students with knowledge and skills needed to protect a computer system and how to carry out investigations on computer related crimes.
- Produce graduates who can integrate theory and practice to work efficiently and effectively in organizations.
- Enable students to meet the requirements of the labor market and enhance the chances of employ-ability.
- Train the students for lifelong learning by exposing them to practical skills in cyber security and forensics.
The institute has two intakes;
- January Intake – 6th January 2020 (Application Deadline – 16th December 2019)
- August Intake – 12th August 2020 (Application Deadline – End of July 2020)
Students entry through A’ level must have at least one principal pass and two subsidiary passes in Mathematics or Physics at Advanced level of education.
A certificate from a recognized institution of higher learning with a credit and three passes at ordinary level on one sitting or its equivalent.
Foundation or Bridging course approved by NCHE
Category of Application
Advanced Level Certificate Entrant (Direct Entrant)
This is for a student who finished A’ level and got a certificate.
Degree Holder Entrant
This applies to a student with a bachelors degree in a course relevant to a diploma they want to take on
Diploma Holder Entrant:
This applies to a student who did and passed on a diploma level
Credit Transfer Entrant
This applies to a student who would want there credits from a previously studied course unit to be considered in the diploma they want to apply for
Tuition: Ugx. 1,200,000 per semester
- 20,000 NCHE Constitution (non – refundable, one off)
- 100,000 (Development fund)
- 50,000 (Application Fee)
For more details, Please check the application procedure below.
Application forms shall be processed and shortlists made by the Admissions Office shall be forwarded to the Institute Admissions Committee. The committee shall grant or deny the admission. The applicant’s file shall be reviewed for completeness and a letter shall be given indicating admission, pending fulfillment of the requirements.
All documents received by the Institute in connection with an application for admission will become the property of Institute of Forensics and ICT Security. Admission places of students who are admitted and fail to report will be filed. However, material will only be held for a period of only one year if the student notifies the Admissions Office in writing of postponement of enrollment.