The Institute of Forensics and ICT Security is an NCHE-accredited institute founded in the year 2013, and is the leading privately-owned local institute with a passion for transforming Forensics, Information & Communication Technology security and Risk management in Uganda for social development through practical skills training.
With a strong focus on Job relevant skills, we empower both professionals and new graduates with robust skills and techniques ranging from Cybersecurity, Data analytics, Digital Forensics, and Systems Development.
Our approach to learning is unique, informed by a high degree of commitment. Personal attention is given through small class sizes, hands-on sessions, practice assignments, and real-life business datasets are included in the course content to ensure assimilated learning.
IFIS graduates and trainees work in all sectors of the economy ranging from banking and finance, energy, Telecoms, and public sector.
At IFIS, we Believe, with Practical skills, You Succeed.
Internship Duration & Scope
In partnership with Summit Consulting Ltd, the Institute of Forensics and ICT Security offers a 3-4 months hands-on internship training program aimed at equipping you with practical skills in areas of:
- Data Analytics & Advanced Excel Tools
- Systems Development
- Digital Forensics & Ethical Hacking
- Advanced Office Management Skills, and
- Penetration Testing & Intrusion Detection Training.
At every end of the internship period, best – performing interns are either connected to our clients in various sectors or retained at the institute.
Why Take an Internship at IFIS?
When it comes to securing that all-important graduate job offers or deliver exceptionally at your workplace, it’s no longer enough just to have a good degree. Relevant work experience via an internship is now just as important as exam results to your future career and is one of the key attributes sought by graduate employers.
Many employers need skilled personnel with hands-on skills in IT or related courses, Data analytics and Advanced Excel tools and other mentioned areas (see internship scope) to employ. They are very few in the labour market. Our practical training sessions in these areas will enable the interns and other professionals more competitive for available job opportunities in these fields or better their work performance.
Our internship equips you with a unique perspective and insight into the current most relevant job skills required by all employers.
What you should expect during the internship.
During the internship, the interns shall be undertaken through intensive practical training sessions in their respective fields of interest.
During the practical pieces of training, attention is given through small batch sizes, hands-on sessions and practice assignments on real-life business datasets are included to ensure assimilated learning.
After the internship, what Next?
The institute has a pool of clients from various sectors of the economy ranging from financial institutions, Telecoms, public and private firms.
At the end of every internship period, the institute goes further to connect the best performers to its clients, retain some to take part in various consulting projects, and the internship exposure helps the interns get valuable work contacts and act as an important stepping-stone to securing a job and climbing the first rung on the career ladder.
Who is Eligible to apply?
- On-going University students
- Working-class individuals who wish to gain robust skills and enhance performance.
- Other professionals with interest in the mentioned study areas.
- S.6 leavers awaiting University in-take.
- Intensive hands-on training sessions that equip you with the skills.
- Our internship program is unique and open in catering to each individual student’s needs in regard to what they would like to learn most from the variety of fields.
- Best performers are retained, and others connected to our clients
- A Certificate at the end of the internship period.
- Interns have an opportunity to take part in various consulting projects, thus get exposure and valuable work contacts
- A copy of the filled internship form and Applicant’s Identity card.
- Carry a personal laptop for off-campus practise and assignments
- The Intern will be required to pay a 10% contribution of the total UGX. 1,500,000 facilitation for the trainers a month. In partnership with Summit Consulting Ltd, the Institute of Forensics and ICT Security shall contribute 90% of the total facilitation cost.
- Contribution Summary is as show: Student contribution — UGX. 150,000 Company support contribution – UGX. 1,350,000
Our internship coordination team has already started receiving the applications for the year 2020.
Feel free to apply and choose yourself the most appropriate time.